Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Communtiy Service and Getting Ready

Today at School we had a community service day, we split up in groups and went and cleaned up around town. Worked in the press box at our football field. I painted ceilings, walls, steps. We had to unscrew and take off the stair railings and sand them, then we put primer on the rails and stairways. We also had to lay newspaper, and tape of area of the walls, and the no slip strips on the stairs so we wouldn't get paint on them. All in all it was hard but fun and very rewarding! If you get a chance to help in your community you should do it!

So school is out tomorrow and then I'm off to work at a church camp for the summer. I'll be core staff (staff that helps take care of the grounds and basically does anything that needs to be done.) I'll be the youngest core staff there by five years! Thankfully my "adopted grandparents" run the camp so I'll be with them. Its going to be a lot of hard work! I had some training last summer and I worked there over Christmas break so I at least have an idea of what I'm getting myself into. I hope that I can be used to impact the campers and parents for Christ. Even though its a Church camp I know God can still use me for his glory this summer. So everyone have a great summer, and I hope to be able to update about actual camp experiences within the next few weeks!!!
skittles

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you have been staying busy! Are you going to be at the camp all summer long? Hope everything goes well! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, you can also check out my other blog, wwwnikkisnotes.blogspot.com I saw your comment on Come Alive but that isn't my main blog. it is Nikki's Notes Just thought i'd let you know!

    ReplyDelete